The Very Purpose
Education began in prehistory, as adults trained the young in the knowledge and skills deemed necessary in their society. In pre-literate societies, this was achieved orally and through imitation. Story-telling passed knowledge, values, and skills from one generation to the next. As cultures began to extend their knowledge beyond skills that could be readily learned through imitation, formal education developed.
Formal education occurs in a structured environment whose explicit purpose is teaching students. Usually, formal education takes place in a school environment with classrooms of multiple students learning together with a trained, certified teacher of the subject. Most school systems are designed around a set of values or ideals that govern all educational choices in that system. Such choices include curriculum, organizational models, design of the physical learning spaces (e.g. classrooms), student-teacher interactions, methods of assessment, class size, educational activities, and more
This Formal Educational system comprising physical learning space was found to be attractive. This created a pathway to this charted organization – “Royal Swan Charitable Minority Trust (RSCMT)” – to start up Educational Institutions where a structured learning imparting skill development and knowledge upbringing is gained. This able thought gave heartful and mindful happiness that cherished to establish and as well to spread education further to develop a kind of professionalism in the younger cohort of Nanded, the trust has started its very first self-financed college viz.,
- To provide need-based education and develop its linked practical skill of contemporary relevance.
- To be an institute of excellence by providing quality education, impart infinite knowledge in the learned subject, procure indispensable hands-on practical skill and lastly promote fully structured research-based activities which would foster higher economic growth in the pupil, public and society.
- To provide education to all irrespective of caste, creed, religion, gender discrimination etc.
We, as a community, along with an expert faculty with varied areas of expertise and balanced exposure of both academic and clinical training is committed to provide the university prescribed curriculum in a properly designed and structured manner. In this professional training, given for a complete and full-term duration of four and a half years (4 years + 6 months Internship) the students develop critical thinking, decision-making skills, clinical judgment, cultural sensitivity, and professional values in an increasingly complex health care system. Professional Physiotherapy Practice requires the application of knowledge from medical science as well as the humanities and the basic and social sciences.
Goals and Objectives
- To offer Physiotherapy Education and reach out to the unreached.
- To acquire adequate knowledge of the basic medical subjects in the practice of Physiotherapy.
- To develop skill in teaching, management, research guidance and counseling in teachers who educate the students of Physiotherapy.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values in students.
- To prepare Physiotherapist to meet the health care needs of the society.
- To develop creative thinking and scientific interest among the students.
- To prepare our graduates to exercise leadership for making contribution in their respective disciplines.
- To establish and maintain this Institution as a centre of excellences in Physiotherapy Education.
- To provide administrative, academic and support services that create an environment conducive to teaching, learning and student success.
- To set high standards of comprehensive professional education by developing the intellectual strength of students and guiding them towards professional excellence.
- To engage students in clinical research and evidence-based management.
- To produce graduates of international standard committed to professionalism.
- To enhance faculty for development and sustenance of Physiotherapy as an established method of health care.